TSA Pre✓® Application Center to Temporarily Open for Appointments at the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport Terminal – February 13th – February 17th 2017
This application process allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to enroll directly in TSA Pre✓® – an expedited screening program that allows travelers to keep items such as their shoes, light outerwear and belts on. They can also keep their laptop in its case and their 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in a carry-on, in select TSA airport checkpoint screening lanes.
To participate in this enrollment opportunity, travelers should do the following:
- Make an appointment online and pre-enroll at identogo.com/tsa-precheck. It typically only takes 10 minutes to pre-enroll.
- Once on the enrollment site, type in location “Charlottesville, VA” and click on the search button to select the enrollment site for Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.
- Applicants can select an appointment time using the drop down menu to choose a date and time. The drop-down menu will show the first open time available, but you can choose a different date and/or time using that drop-down menu.
- Visit the temporary TSA Pre✓® Application Center at the appointment time or as a walk-in at the application center which will be located in the Airport lower level Conference Room between the Rotunda and Baggage Claim Area.
Temporary TSA Pre✓® Application Center Hours of Operations:
- Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday from 7a.m. to 11 a.m. and noon to 4 p.m.
Temporary TSA Pre✓® Application Center Parking Information:
Individuals who are coming to the airport to enroll will be directed by signage to available parking. Please bring parking ticket to the temporary enrollment center for validation.
Applicants must bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status. To view this list , you can visit the Universal Enroll website at www.universalenroll.dhs.gov/programs/precheck for a list of required documents to prove identity and citizenship.
The application fee is $85 and is good for a five years. It must be paid at the time of your appointment by credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier’s check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. The submission of fingerprints is also required during the in-person enrollment session.